Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday 20th August 2010: Rain stopped Play!

It came down in torrents all Thursday night, then did the same non-stop all Friday, so no photo opportunities to speak of today.
We contented ourselves with a lunchtime foray into Keswick to have lunch at Booths (very nice) then on the off chance that the weather would be better on the coast, we drove to Maryport, but this time we were out of luck and it was raining there.
I spent the day working on a photo book and reading, hopefully it will be better tomorrow!

Then at 7PM, the sun came out (What a cheek!) so off I went to try and get far enough up the footpath to Cat Bell to get a shot of the valley.
To begin with the path had become a bubbling stream

But as I got higher I could see the sun lighting the tops of the distant hills. This path is even more broken up than it was when I went part way up in April this year, and there are notices announcing a new "Bridle Way" route, allegedy for the "benefit of the public"
This is as far as I got before feeling the first sprinkling of returning rain, so it was time to turn around and head back again!

No comments: