Sunday, March 27, 2011

27th March 2011 First Holiday in the Lakes

We had an easy run through from the weekend meet at Holme on Spalding Moor, and were on site just after 12 noon, reaching Keswick in the rush hour, it was busy, though not as much as it will be as the summer advances!
We found the caravan site was about half full, so we were able to get the pitch we wanted, then set off to go to Grasmere for some "Grandma Nelsons" gingerbread, something that you really have to try if you go to the lake district!
We had to drive back to Keswick to do this and chose to return along the western side of  Derwentwater so that I could get a view of my favourite house, down on the lakeside on it's own promontary. I'm not normally someone who has any interest in houses of any kind, but for this one I make an exception!
Having sampled our favourite confection we stopped at Booths Supermarket to buy some of another favourite Cumberland Sausages, for tea and after that I went for my usual lakeside walk, noticing that there were still patches of snow on the distant peaks near Seatoller.
It has been a great first day, and so nice to be back!

No comments: